You know you are from Jersey City if you remember…
I received this in an email today. My Jersey City friends may remember many of the places and things. Have fun, I did.
Source: Truth Speaks- Icypeals Blogspot – Thanks Mimi
*Seeing the Three Stooges Live at the Stanley Theater
*Live Acappella Shows at the State Theater
* Hudson Boulevard had islands.
*Ferris High School
*Singing Doo-Wop under the tresstle on Monmouth Street
*Hanging out at Coletta’s Bar
* You knew how O’Hara’s got it’s name.
* You knew all the troublemakers before they became cops.
– Martin Luther King Drive was Jackson Avenue
– Christopher Columbus Drive was Railroad Avenue
– Luiz Munoz Marin Boulevard was Henderson Street
-Manila Avenue was Grove Street
– Roosevelt Lanes & Putney’s Pub
– Annual Holy Name Parade
– What Harvard on the Blvd. and St. Richards on the Hill are
– The color scheme of the bus lines:
… Brown: Central Avenue; Red: Montgomery/West Side, Green: Bergen/Lafayette, Orange: Bergen Avenue
– Getting Sunday suits at Robert Hall
– Bettingers on the Square
– Uncle Milties/Bergen Point
– The Skyline Cabana Club
– You shopped in Woolworth on Journal
Square and went to the Griddle or Driftwood after a movie.
– The Hudson Mall was a strip mall
– Instead of the Hudson Mall there
was: Two Guys from Harrison; Great Eastern, and Valley Fair
– Instead of the dollar stores there was Johns Bargain Stores
– You could actually swim in the Reservoir (on the sneak)
– The giant roach in the exterminators window on Westside Avenue
– Floor shows at the Canton Tea Garden Chinese Restaurant
– You’ve said “Youse” about 100 times in one day
Continue reading DO YOU REMEMBER OLD JERSEY CITY?