Hudson County Resident Runner Up-Mary Beth Cole of Bayonne, N.J.
Grand Prize Winner from North Haledon, N.J. Honors Father
Dana Nicoletti from North Haledon, N.J., (second from left) who nominated her father Chris Di Lenno (first from left) to win Quick Chek’s Devils Night Out Sweepstakes, enjoy the New Jersey Devils game along with Nicoletti’s daughter, Alexandra Nicoletti (third from left), and brother Chris Di Lenno (fourth from left), at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Sat., April 10.
WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J., April 14, 2010 – Quick Chek, the family-operated premier chain of more than 120 food store locations throughout New Jersey and Southern New York, announces today the winners of its Third Annual Devils Night Out Sweepstakes.
The sweepstakes, which celebrates Quick Chek’s famed coffee as the official coffee of the New Jersey Devils, asked customers to submit an essay stating why they deserved a “Devils Night Out.” More than 800 essay entries vying for one Devils Night Out grand prize, along with ten runners up prize packages, were received online and in-store between Feb. 22 and March 22.
Chosen for its creativity, originality and compelling nature, the winning entry (inlcuded below) was authored by Dana Nicoletti of North Haledon, N.J., who submitted a poem in tribute to her father who had never been to a New Jersey Devils hockey game.
I switch on the game on MSG, A very special man is sitting next to me.
He’s not young, not rich, not a celebrity…
But he’s all that and more, much more to me.
My dad is a kind, generous, selfless man.
I really am his number one fan.
He is one that is always, always willing to help.
Go Devils! Shoot, shoot… we let out a collective yelp!
Langenbrunner, Parise take the ice.
To the devils game we go…
Wouldn’t that be nice?
…He has never been to a hockey game…
I passionately write this hopeful plea
To cross off a Bucket List entry…
To fulfill a dream for my Dad and me!
Nicoletti’s grand prize package includes:
- Free Quick Chek coffee for one year
- Dinner for four at the Prudential Center Restaurant with a visit from a New Jersey Devils alumni player
- Four lower level tickets to the April 10 New Jersey Devils game
- New Jersey Devils autographed item and New Jersey Devils gift pack
Ten runners up in Quick Chek’s Devils Night Out Sweepstakes were also chosen to receive: Ten vouchers for free Quick Chek coffee
- Two tickets to the April 10 New Jersey Devils game
- Autographed New Jersey Devils hockey puck and New Jersey Devils gift pack
Quick Chek’s Devils Night Out runners-up prize winners are:
- Joel Arela of Maywood, N.J.
- Mary Beth Cole of Bayonne, N.J.
- Kevin Coleman of Hillsborough, N.J.
- Julie Dalley of Clifton, N.J.
- Scott Molinaro of Succasunna, N.J.
- Laura Hoffman of Verona, N.J.
- Erika Perrius of Wall, N.J.
- Andrea Sarich of Saugerties, N.Y.
- Dustin Todd of Bayville, N.J.
- Amanda Zapp of New Rochelle, N.Y.
About Quick Chek
Devoted to providing convenient shopping blended with an expansive range of fresh products and services, Quick Chek, is a market leader in food service with an exceptional fresh coffee and fresh food program. Operating more than 120 retail locations in New Jersey and Southern New York, Quick Chek’s locations include 12 pharmacy stores and 25 locations with fuel. For more information, please visit www.quick-chek.com.