by Bailey Caldwell on October 15, 2021
Halloween is the one day a year that you can transform into someone (or something) youâ€™ve never been before. In 2021, Americans are getting creative with their costumesâ€”prepare to see a few doctors, blockbuster movie characters, and even mythical animals roaming the streets.
For the fourth year in a row, the team at All Home Connections found the most popular Halloween costume in each state. This year, witches and dinosaurs rule the nation, with a combined 22 states either looking to cast a spell or return to their Jurassic roots.
Whether youâ€™ll attend an outdoor bash or stream the newest scary movie on your couch, hereâ€™s a look at the biggest costume trends of the year, so you can decide if youâ€™ll join the crowd or try something new.Â
Referencing Googleâ€™s top Halloween costume list from 2020 and other trending costumes, All Home Connections analyzed current Google Trends data to create a projection of 2021â€™s most popular costumes per state.
- Nearly a third of states (14 total) are searching for witches this year, so if you see a lot of Sabrina Spellmans or the Charmed sisters walking around, youâ€™re probably not the only one.
- This year we had a larger variety of costumes than in 2020, with 20 completely different costumes searched across the nation compared to last yearâ€™s 12.
- Last year, costumes with face-coverings prevailedâ€”Spiderman was the most popular in 8 states in our 2020 report.
- Proving that movies released on streaming platforms still make a mark on pop culture, superhero icons like Black Widow and Wonder Woman made the map for 2021.
- 25% of the costumes we found are types of mythical creatures.
- Americans spent roughly $800,000 less on Halloween candy in 2020 than in 2019â€”can we expect the same change this year?
- Of the over 140 million Americans who celebrate Halloween each year, many spend over $90 a person on their costume.
For the entire list by State https://www.attsavings.com/resources/entertainment/popular-halloween-costume-in-your-state/Â