Sat., May 12, 2012 –7:00 a.m. Registration-8:30 a.m. Station
Newport Town Square
100 Town Square Place
Jersey City, NJ 07310
Known as the fastest course in the tri-state area, the Newport 10,000 is a 10K road race along the Hudson River waterfront in Jersey City’s Newport community.
** Proceeds will be donated to the Jersey City Medical Center, the area’s newest regional referral teaching hospital, providing the highest level of care for women and infants, and trauma and heart patients.**
More than 1,200 recreational and elite runners competing at the highest level for $14,400 in prize money
o Pre-registration numbers have already surpassed 2011 participation!
- · A USA Track & Field-certified course that interweaves with the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway and features a backdrop of Manhattan’s skyline from Battery Park City to Midtown
o Great views from the course of NYC’s rising 1 World Trade
- · Live announcement of race results and prize winners immediately following the 10K.
- · Interviews with record-setters, elite participants and more.
- · A Post-Race Party with runners and the community celebrating in Newport.
o There will be a local DJ and prize drawings for New York Mets and New York Red Bulls tickets, gift certificates to The Restaurants at Newport, and one-hour massages
- · Also see the community’s new, Newport Green park, a 4.25-acre waterfront park, featuring Jersey City’s first urban beach, a carousel, playground with water-spray features and more
o Gov. Chris Christie and developer Richard S. LeFrak unveiled the park less than a week ago