– Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, the Department of Recreation and the Department of Public Works/Division of Parks and Forestry, are pleased to announce that the City of Jersey City will open its two outdoor pools and turn on all park sprinklers for the enjoyment of residents this Memorial Day Weekend. Sprinklers and pools will continue to be open through Labor Day.
In addition, the indoor swimming pool at Pershing Field will also be open during the holiday weekend.
“We know that not every family can get away for a holiday weekend, so we want to provide activities right here in our city for our residents to enjoy,” said Mayor Healy. “What better way to spend an afternoon than at the park or at one of our great outdoor pools?”
Park sprinklers are open every summer, and unlike the pools, do not require swimming skills. Children of all ages can cool off from the heat and humidity in city sprinklers with equal enthusiasm.
“We want parents and children to know that we have a safe and fun place for them to cool off from the summer heat,” said
Mayor Healy. “A visit to our pools or sprinklers is a great way for families to enjoy the holiday.”
While the pools and park sprinklers are open to public, the intended use is to provide children with a supervised way to cool off and play during summer months.
The following pools and sprinklers will be open for use:
(West Side & Pavonia) – Holiday Hours: Friday May 25th through Monday May 28th; 10am-6pm. Following the holiday weekend, pool hours will be Monday through Friday 8:30am-10:30am for lap/senior swim and then 4pm-7pm.
Lafayette Pool & Aquatic Center( Johnston & Pacific)
– Friday May 25th through Monday May 28th: 10am-6pm. Following the holiday weekend, pool hours will be Monday through Friday 7am-10am for lap/senior swim and then 4pm-7pm.
Full day hours will begin at both of the outdoor pools at the conclusion of the school year.
Pershing Field Pool
– Monday May 28: 12pm/noon-6pm. Regular pool hours are in effect for days preceding and following the Memorial Day holiday.
Sprinklers will be open seven days a week beginning Friday, May 25th, 2012 from
11 a.m. p.m. to 8 p.m. , weather permitting.
1. Dr. Lena Edwards Park – 325 Johnston Avenue
2. Arlington Park – 785 Grand Street
3. Audubon Park – 103-129 Bergen Avenue
4. Virginia Avenue Park – 74-80 Virginia Avenue
5. Venator Watson Park – Stevens Avenue & Kennedy Blvd.
6. Wilkinson Avenue Park – 146-152 Wilkinson Avenue
7. Terrace Avenue Park – Thorne Street and Terrace Avenue
8. Rev. Ercel Webb/LaFayette Park – Maple Street & Van Horne Avenue
9. LaPointe Park – 90-92 Dekalb Avenue
10. Country Village Park – 30 Sycamore Road
11. Pershing Field Park – Summit Avenue and Pershing Plaza
12. Roberto Clement Park – Enos Jones – 8
th Street & Brunswick Street
13. Columbia Park – Bartholdi Avenue & Kennedy Blvd.
14. Bayside Park – 480 Garfield Avenue
For more information on Sprinklers in the Parks Contact the Division of Parks and Forestry 201-547-4449.