Ahead of Mother’s Day, LawnStarter ranked 174 of the biggest U.S. cities based on 43 signs of new mom-friendliness.
Among the factors they looked at: access to OB/GYNs, pediatricians, and lactation spaces; the quality of maternity hospitals; the availability of extra paid leave for pregnancy and childbirth; and delivery costs.
Jersey City’s Rank for Some Key Metrics (1 = Best)
- Lactation/Nursing Spaces per 100,000 Residents – 2nd
- Hospitals with Maternity Services per 100,000 Residents – 4th
- Child Care Workers per 100,000 Residents – 4th
- Length of Paid Family Leave Allowed – 1st
- Annual Cost of Child Care – 130th
- Prevalence of Mom/Parent Support Groups – 18th
- Food Insecurity – 58th
- Crime Rate – 48th