Centennial Celebration of Landmark Park Scheduled for September 15th-Tour Park with PealCollection

Although the official dedication of Hudson County Park took place in 1916, it was a hundred years ago in 1912 that the park (now called the Stephen R. Gregg Hudson County Bayonne Park) first opened to the public.  PealCollection partners, Priscilla Ege and Alice Lotosky invite the public to celebrate this centennial by taking a 90-minute “Park by Design” tour (free to the public) of the landmark on Saturday, September 15th at 10AM.  The guest tour guide will be Dr. Carmela A. Karnoutsos, Professor Emerita, New Jersey City University, who will discuss the park’s history, design and architectural features.  The group meets at the park entrance on 40th Street and Avenue C.   Call 201-437-6069 and leave a call back number. (No rain date)  







Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter