Hardgrove a downtown Jersey City restaurant will again proudly sponsor the annual 5K Run/Walk to help kick Autism.
The event will be held at Liberty State Park North Cove Field at 1 Audrey Zapp Drive in Jersey City on August 26th, 2018 at 10 am rain or shine.
Race benefactors Color of Autism a Jersey City non-profit organisation started by Jersey City business woman Sherry Singh who owns Smile a Pre-school and Nursery on First Street in downtown Jersey City.
Colors of Autism was established in honor of her middle son Ravi 31. who has Autism.
Some facts on Autism
- Autism now affects 1 in 59 children and 1 in 37 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is one of the fastest-growing developmental disorders in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
- -Source Autism Speaks