Open House to be held at the College’s Journal Square Campus
A full roster of activities is planned to help acquaint perspective students with the College; ‘Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management Open House & Marketplace’ also scheduled for that day. Hudson County Community College (HCCC) has announced the agenda for the Open House that will take place on Saturday, April 30 at the College’s Library Building – 71 Sip Avenue, just across the street from the Journal Square PATH Transportation Center. The Open House will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
That same day, the College has scheduled a Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Open House & Market Place from 12 to 3 p.m. at the HCCC Culinary Conference Center, 161 Newkirk Street – just two blocks from the Journal Square PATH Transportation Center.
“Hudson County Community College students can save thousands of dollars on college tuition by earning an Associate degree at HCCC for a fraction of the cost of four-year colleges and universities,” said HCCC President Glen Gabert, Ph.D. Dr. Gabert said that at the HCCC General Open House, there will be a number of activities to help acquaint perspective students with the College, its degree and certificate programs, as well as services and programs, clubs and cultural offerings available to HCCC students.
From 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. –
- Academic Programs and Student Services Fair, Library Café area – information on degree and certificate programs, as well as services and programs, free tutoring, clubs and cultural offerings available to HCCC students, plus opportunities to meet the award-winning faculty.
- Make Your Own Street Sign, Library Café area – the College will personalize a street sign for attendees.
At 10:15 a.m.
- Welcome to Hudson County Community College by Dr. Paula Pando, Vice President for HCCC North Hudson Campus and Student Affairs.
- Admissions and Placement Testing Presentation, Library First Floor – information on the application and acceptance processes.
From 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- HCCC Journal Square Campus Guided Tours – depart from the Library Lobby every 15 minutes.
- FREE Online Applications, Library Rooms 414 and 417 – the College will waive the $25 application fee and provide expert assistance in submitting applications that day.
- Visit the Benjamin J. Dineen, III and Dennis C. Hull Gallery, Library 6th Floor – final days of the exhibit, “Looking Back/Looking Forward: NYC’s Gay Pride Parades 1979-1995 – Photographs by Stanley Stellar.”
From 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
HCCC Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management Open House and Market Place –
HCCC Culinary Conference Center, 161 Newkirk Street, – two blocks from the Journal Square PATH Station.
Tasting Tours of the HCCC Culinary Arts Institute –
- Garde Manger (Cold Foods Kitchen) / Ice Carving – Room E408/414, 12:15 and 1:45 p.m.
- Hot Foods Kitchen – Room 306/308, 12:30 and 2:00 p.m.
- Bakeshop / Pastry Kitchen – Room 310/311, 12:45 and 2:15
- Wines and More – Room 316, 1:00 and 2:30 p.m.
- Panel Discussion: “What is Your Degree Worth?” – Scott Ring Room, Second Floor, 1:10 p.m. Moderated by HCCC Professor Phil Cafasso with expert HCCC alumni – Joseph Cuccia, Chef/Owner of Summer 17 in Lodi; David Prusin, Chef /Owner of David Todd’s City Tavern in Morristown; Lara Lagman, Assistant Operations Manager of the Hyatt Regency New York; Ray Pendas, Executive Chef of Montamy Country Club in Alpine; Patrick Sewell, Senior Guest Relations Manager for the Carlyle Hotel in New York; and Cynthia Soto, Chef/Owner of Empanada Lady Food Truck and Escala Latin Bistro in West Milford.