Denise Austin’s Best Kept Secrets For Health and Fitness
Based on USDA data, Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon has 50 percent less fat than pork bacon, so you can enjoy a wholesome breakfast any day of the week. For more delicious recipes, visit www.kraftrecipes.com.
(Family Features) When it comes to helping people get into shape, no one does it better than health and fitness expert, Denise Austin. She has simple advice that makes a big difference when it comes to making smart decisions about food and fitness.
Here are five of her best-kept secrets:
1. Breakfast Is Best. Consider incorporating smart substitutes at meal times, especially breakfast. Start the day with a delicious twist to bacon – try turkey bacon, which has loads of flavor with less fat. Austin recommends turkey bacon with at least 50 percent less fat than pork bacon, such as Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon (based on USDA data). “It’s one of the most flavorful alternatives I’ve discovered, so it’s a terrific option for anyone who doesn’t want to sacrifice great taste.” One of her go-to morning pick-me-ups is a quick and easy turkey bacon breakfast sandwich.
2. Hire A Workout Spy. E-mail your workout log to a supportive friend every week and you’ll be more likely to stick with your exercise program.
3. Girl’s Night IN Is Good For You. There’s a new excuse for girls’ night. Research from the Harvard Medical School shows that women who maintain close ties with their gal-pals enjoy such health benefits as lower blood pressure, increased immunity, and even longer life expectancy. So get the gals together at least once a week for some good food and good fun! For extra sizzle, try a new recipe each time – like the Turkey Cobb Lettuce Wraps with Turkey Bacon or other delicious suggestions on www.kraftrecipes.com.
4. Be A Kid Again. Mix up your workout routine by jumping rope to get your blood pumping and oxygen flowing. To be a jump rope pro, stay light on your feet and do small jumps in place. Pump it up by shifting your weight from your right foot to the left while you circle your arms. For a real challenge, jump with both feet together and crisscross your arms in front.
5. Helping Others Can Help You, Too. According to a study by the Corporation for National and Community Service, people achieve a higher level of mental and physical health by helping others. Join the Oscar Mayer Good Mood Mission, www.goodmoodmission.com, to share your good mood and learn how America has helped donate 3 million pounds of food to Feeding America.
Grab-and-Go Breakfast Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 10 min
Makes: 1 serving
1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product
1 English muffin, split, toasted
1 Kraft 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar Singles
1 slice Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon, cooked, cut crosswise in half
Cook egg product in skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 3 minutes or until set, stirring occasionally.
Spoon onto muffin half; cover with cheese, bacon and remaining muffin half.